Adidas recently introducd COLD.RDY, the fourth and final apparel launch of our pinnacle weather protective collection, .RDY. is created with hardworking and breathable materials that keeps warmth locked in for ultimate insulation, while keeping air and moisture moving to stay dry on the inside. The versatile collection seamlessly blends sport, performance and style, designed to keep athletes and city goers warm, confident and comfortable in harsh winter conditions.
The collection takes a fresh look on outdoor training apparel with statement silhouettes, signature design touches, and bold hues. Intuitive details inspired by military uniform design feature throughout, including, extended zipper for easy handle when in motion and frog mouth pockets for access at speed, whilst precise placement of seams eliminates bulkiness when layering pieces together, allowing for flexibility and ease of movement.
“We’ve seen record search levels for workout content in recent months. The adidas training app alone is up 125% compared to last year1 – not only are we training, walking and exercising more, we’re looking to nature for a sense of freedom and to balance recent feelings of restriction. But whilst the outdoors has become a health and fitness sanctuary, harsh outdoor conditions act as one of the biggest barriers to training in the winter months, with key cities recording record lows last winter. As weather has become a major external factor affecting performance, we set out to create a collection that combats external elements so athletes can train without distractions,” said Josefine Aberg, VP of Design for adidas.
Enabling athletes to own the elements and continue training and exploring the city without distractions during the toughest conditions, the COLD.RDY collection includes features designed to insulate your body in cold weather. Customized layering systems allow you to optimize exactly how warm you want to be, whilst products designed for rapid sweat distribution wick moisture away and through the material to keep you feeling dry.
Josefine Aberg continued: “The COLD.RDY collection is inspired by the discipline of a military wardrobe, but with a 2020 feel – functional yet stylish pieces that can be layered to protect you all year round. The collection is incredibly versatile to reflect the ever-changing environment of the city and offers easy layering options in a range of different fits to suit individual style, whilst protecting them against an array of cold weather conditions.”
Key pieces of the COLD.RDY collection include;
- Prime COLD.RDY Down Parka – A high-loft down parka featuring a full zip with drawcord- adjustable hood and removable weather protective face cover for ultimate head-to-toe comfort in the cold. Offering complete versatility of wear, this parka features a stylish, detachable overlayer that can be worn on its own in milder conditions or layered together for added warmth and coverage
- COLD.RDY Mock-Neck Long Sleeve Training Tee – A water and wind proof insulated slim fit mock-neck tee for cold-weather workouts. The design features helpful extras including zip pocket on the side and thumbhole sleeves for maximum coverage
- COLD.RDY Down Vest – A 3-in-1 water-proof vest with full zip and stand-up collar, built with overlapping down chambers to reduce cold spots and heat loss for enhanced warmth
- Alphaskin COLD.RDY Long Tights – High-rise compression tights with an elastic two-layer waistband for supreme comfort. Insulating COLD.RDY keeps athletes feeling warm and dry, while Alphaskin fabric wraps the body to support dynamic movement during the most intense workouts
- Adidas Z.N.E. COLD.RDY Athletics Hoodie – A full zip insulated cold weather hoodie with a stylish, loose fit for comfortable layering
COLD.RDY follows the SS20 seasonal drops HEAT.RDY, WIND.RDY, and RAIN.RDY. Worn by Olympic Gold Medalist Jessica Ennis-Hill, the COLD.RDY collection is available October 16th at adidas.com and via the adidas app.