|Bangladesh offers a profitable location for |
investors both as a market and a production/
Foreign investment in Bangladesh is secured by law against nationalization and expropriation.
Local and Foreign investment is given equal treatment.
100% foreign equity is allowed along with unrestricted exit.
All industrial sectors are open for foreign investors for investment except 4 reserve sectors for the government Risk factors for FDI are the minimum in Bangladesh
Bangladesh never posted negative economic growth during the past 30 years.
Padma Bridge has been inaugurated in June 2022
Metro Rail has been flagged off in December 2022
Patenga Container Terminal has started its operation
Terminal3 at HSIA with improved container handling capacity
5 Land Customs Ports allowed importing textile articles from India and partial shipment made allowed
The cotton fumigation clause was withdrawn which reduces the cost of US cotton.
- High literacy rate (72.80%) among youths aged
- 2 million youth enter in job market each year
- 117 million mobile phone users and 33% internet penetration
- Labor cost advantage
- Duty-free market access
TRADE LOGISTICS & INFRASTRUCTURE
- A balanced 3R (based multimodal transport infrastructure system is being developed)
- Enhancing electricity supply to 20,000 MW
- Elevated Expressway, Flyovers, Bridges, Metro Rail, Coal Based Power plants, Nuclear Power plant, are some of the ongoing mega projects