Inclusion of coated fabrics in manufacturing processes significantly improves the value of textile materials by expanding their service life and preserving their aesthetic appeal. Coating techniques and technologies have evolved in tandem with rising strict requirements of manufacturers and engineers.
Coated fabrics for protection are the product of wide array of talents, bringing together technical and scientific expertise from around the globe, to yield vital source of existing knowledge on textile clothing and materials, and their application in protection of workers in hostile surroundings.
Coated fabrics are highly beneficial for industrial workers in safety and protective fabrics sector and individuals concerned in safety and health in broad range of industries. In addition, they are rapidly emerging as paramount aspect for health and safety personnel in areas of police, defence, and fire services.
Coated Fabrics Market Size Study
- Rubber coated fabrics to witness traction in coming years
- Demand for coated fabrics to increase as COVID-19 highlights the need for personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Players to explore growth opportunities in industrial and commercial sectors
- North America and Europe to capture significant share of total market stack collectively
“Rising worldwide concerns surrounding climate changes are giving rise to optimization of internal combustion (IC) engines and development of alternative sources of propulsion in the automotive industry. Lightweight manufacturing is a key factor in both the cases. Coated fabrics easily align with the need, as such, manufacturers are allocating their resources towards the automotive industry,” says an analyst.
The COVID-19 pandemic is having a measurable impact on coated fabrics market as several textile manufacturers have come down to grinding halt. Moreover, sales of automobiles and automotive components have declined steeply as governments in hard-hit regions have enacted lockdowns and imposed bans on import-export activities.
However, demand for protective clothing has reached new heights from healthcare industry as the COVID-19 pandemic rages across continents. In addition, governments in various countries are relaxing pandemic-induced norms in order to stabilize respective economic structure.
This, in turn, is accenting for protective clothing for industrial workers to avoid further contagion. Moreover, industrial operators are required to mandate and provide necessary equipment to personnel. Such trends are likely to work in favor of coated fabrics market in immediate future.
Market players are swiftly rethinking their existing manufacturing strategies to align with the changing trends and stay afloat amid pandemic shockwaves.
Coated Fabrics Market – Competition Intelligence
Players in global coated fabrics market are prioritizing mergers & acquisitions (M&A) to expand their regional footprint and serve larger customer base. For instance,
- Bayer AG has entered into collaboration with International Apparel Federation (IAF) with the aim to step up innovations in apparel and footwear industry.
- CPS Performance Materials has taken over GEO Specialty Chemicals, which is a distinct manufacturer of specialty chemicals and materials to adhesives, coatings, water treatment, medical, and construction sectors.
- Reliance Industries Ltd. (RIL) has partnered with Arvind Limited to manufacture high-performance fabrics under co-brand R|Elan. Under the partnership, Arvind is expected to provide high-quality fabrics, while RIL will ensure in-time supply of R|Elan high-performance solutions to Arvind.
These insights are based on a report Coated Fabrics Market by Future Market Insights