Desk Report: According to statement Inditex its board of directors has approved both appointments, completing the generational handover process initiated in 2011 with the replacement of Amancio Ortega as chairman of Inditex.
García Maceiras joined Inditex in March 2021 as general secretary and secretary of the board. With extensive experience in corporate and team management, he has led transformation projects in his 20 years of professional activity both in the public sector, as a Spanish State Attorney, and in the private sector in companies such as Banco Pastor, Banco Popular, SAREB or Banco Santander.
He succeeds Carlos Crespo who has served as CEO since July 2019 and has now been appointed COO (managing director of operations, sustainable and digital transformation) of Inditex, with the aim of continuing to promote these areas.
Inditex new management committee includes:
- Crespo González
- Pablo del Bado, managing director, Pull & Bear
- Miguel Díaz, director of finance and operations, Zara
- Ignacio Fernández, chief financial officer, Inditex
- Javier García Torralbo, managing director of e-commerce, Zara
- Begoña López-Cano, chief people officer, Inditex
- Beatriz Padín, director of woman, Zara
- Jorge Pérez Marcote, managing director, Massimo Dutti
- Óscar Pérez Marcote, managing director, Zara