Globally we are passing a very hard time which was not observed in our life time ever. More or less every industry is suffering. Textile industry is the main earning source of Bangladesh economy and large portion of our population is directly involved in this industry. Textile Focus editor M A Islam Riyadh talked different businessman, stakeholders regarding their observation and planning during the pandemic situation. Key discussion points are mentioned individually-
ITET has taken some initiatives for it’s members at COVID-19 Pandemic
Engr. Salim Reza, Sr. Vice President, ITET
The Institution of Textile Engineers & Technologists (ITET), Bangladesh is the only professional body for textile engineers in Bangladesh. ITET has been working for the betterment of textile engineer, who are the heart of this emerging textile industry. During this COVID-19 pandemic situation ITET has taken some timely initiatives for its members. ITET has already taken some initiatives for its members such as-
- ITET had a corporate agreement with PRAAVA health Bangladesh Ltd. for COVID-19 test and concealing with doctors ITET members along with family members.
- Sample collection from home or on spot at Gulshan Society; Bangladesh Medical Hospital, Dhanmondi
- Emergency Ambulance services.
- Oxygen cylinder and pluses oximeter arrangement.
- Mask, Hand sanitizer, Hand gloves distribution
- Working on to develop a strong COVID-19 recovered Plasma Blood Bank.
- Financial assistance to the members who are passing hard time in the pandemic situation.
We are trying to support our respected members from our side. We want to give our members the feel that we ITET is always be their side in the hard time. We are working on continuous developments to support the members. ITET has already declared a dedicated support team for the assistance of it’s members. For any query or feedback I am always available.