The Institution of Textile Engineers & Technologists (ITET), Bangladesh is the only professional body for textile engineers in Bangladesh. ITET has been working for the betterment of textile engineer, who are the heart of this emerging textile industry. During this COVID-19 pandemic situation ITET has taken some timely initiatives for its members. ITET has declared bellow initiatives for its members-
- ITET had a corporate agreement with PRAAVA health Bangladesh Ltd. for COVID-19 test and concealing with doctors ITET members along with family members. Dedicated Hot line for tele medicine (08.00 AM – 10.00 P.M): General Member- 09609550046; Life Member- Those numbers are only for the ITET members.
- Sample collection from home or on spot at Gulshan Society (12.00 PM); Bangladesh Medical Hospital, Dhanmondi (11.00 AM – 02.00 P.M)
- Emergency Ambulance services.
- Oxygen cylinder and pluses oximeter.
- Mask, Hand sanitizer, Hand gloves distribution
- Working on to develop a strong COVID-19 recovered Plasma Blood Bank.
These initiatives will be monitored by Engr. Salim Reza, Senior Vice President, ITET. Engr. Salim mentioned that “As we all are passing a pandemic situation, we are trying to support our respected members from our side. We want to give our members the feeling that we ITET is always be their side in a hard time.” He also informed us that they are working on continuous developments to support the members. For any query or feedback Engr. Salim can be reached at 01919698617.
Other members who will be following up the activities-
Engr. Shakhawat Hossain (Mob: 01819263617)
Engr. Shamim Rahman (Mob: 01711613245)
Engr. Touhidul Islam Kakon (Mob: 01713177260)
Engr Mamunur Nasim Sourov (Mob: 01711200951)
Engr Rafiquzzaman Rony (Mob: 01711168062)
Engr. Imran Hossain (Mob 01717578155)
ITET members appreciated these initiatives and they feel proud to be a part of ITET as ITET always thinks about the welfare of its members and organizes different events.