The Indian government is continuously spinning new initiatives in the form of projects, incentives and goals to push the value chain of the Indian textiles and garments industry. To help brands leverage national, global and individual aspirations, Gartex Texprocess India 2023 opens today at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
Inaugurated by Smt. Darshana Jardosh, Hon’ble Minister of State for Railways and Textiles, Government of India, Gartex Texprocess India 2023 – 9th edition, commenced today at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi and will conclude on 5th August 2023.
Sharing her thoughts at the inauguration, Smt. Darshana Jardosh said “India’s textile sector is one of the oldest and largest sectors in the Indian economy accounting for one-fifth of the country’s industrial production. The industry must adopt the concept of circularity to extend the lifespan of textiles by upcycling, recycling, reusing, and reducing the textile waste. The growth of the textile sector is one of the top priorities of the government and our efforts are to attract global industries and investment as well as create facilities and infrastructure for textile industry. Our focus should be to create environmentally and socially equitable sector. There are 185+ exhibitors in the exhibition and I am excited to explore the products and technologies at the show of Gartex Texprocess India 2023.”
Establishing itself as one of the prominent shows in the segment, Gartex Texprocess India has grown to attract the interest of international brands alongside the ever-growing participation of Indian players.
Present at the inauguration were distinguished guests and dignitaries that included:
1. Chief Guest: Smt. Darshana Jardosh, Minister of State for Railways and Textiles, Government of India
2. Guest of Honor: Shri Rohit Kansal, Secretary Ministry of Textiles
3. Mr Arvind Mathur, Vice President, Denim Manufacturers Association (DMA)
4. Mr Simon Lee, Managing Director of Hyosung Group ( Hyosung Corporation India Pvt Ltd & Hyosung India Pvt Ltd)
5. Mr Aamir Akhtar, Group President & CEO Textiles, Jindal Worldwide Limited
6. Mr. Raman Dutta, General Secretary, Brands & Sourcing Leaders
7. Mr. Dadu, Chairmain, ColorJet
8. Mr. Sanjay Jha, Director, UNIX Stitchmachines Private Limited
9. Mr. Karan Dua, Managing Director, Geminy Sewing Machines
10. Mr. Murari Director, Baba Textile Machinery
11. Mr. Arpan Shah, Senior Vice President, Gujarat Garment Manufacturers Association
12. Mr. Parmeet Singh – Regional Sales Director, Groz-Beckert Pvt Ltd
13. Mr. Nicola Messali, Sales Director, Morgan Tecnica
14. Mr. Kishan Daga, Founder Anchor, Concept N Strategy
15. Mr. Prashant Agarwal, Co-founder & JMD, Wazir Advisors
16. Abhinav Arya, Director of Fabcare
17. Mr. Deepak Choudhary, Director, Aura Technologies
18. Mr. Akhilesh Rathi, Director, Dainik Bhaskar Group
19. Mr Winston Pereira, Genral Manager, Messe Frankfurt Trade Fairs India Pvt Ltd
20.Ms Himani Gulati, Director, MEX Exhibitions Pvt Ltd
21.Mr Gaurav Juneja, Director, MEX Exhibition Pvt Ltd
The show has commenced on an affirmative note today as companies from across the globe are exhibiting their finest products. Expressing gratitude for the successful launch of the show, Mr Raj Manek, Executive Director & Board Member, Messe Frankfurt Asia Holdings Ltd, shared: “It is an absolute honour for us to once again welcome Hon’ble Minister of State for Railways and Textiles, Government of India, Smt. Darshana Jardosh, for inaugurating the show along with all the distinguished guests present here. The government of India’s initiatives on developing PM Mega Integrated Textile Region and Apparel (PM MITRA) parks, the benefits under the Technology Upgradation Fund Scheme (TUFS) and several other measures signal growth prospects for the industry. During this momentous period of India, a robust industry platform like ‘Gartex Texprocess India’ plays a vital role in building new collaborations and expanding business networks for tapping new markets and opportunities.”
Envisioning yet another buzzing edition of Gartex Texprocess India this year, Mr Gaurav Juneja, Director, MEX Exhibitions Pvt Ltd, stated:“It is our privilege to once again welcome Smt. Darshana Jardosh, Minister of State for Railways and Textiles for inaugurating the show. The products on display and the exhibitor profile at this edition reflect a mix of product, manufacturing, processing, technology and services companies developing various solutions for the industry. The global trends in emerging technologies and trends have brought the automation and software players alongside the manufacturing companies to the show floor which makes Gartex Texprocess India an undisputable platform in its field. Also, I am extremely proud and happy to see how deeply the roots of Gartex Texprocess India have penetrated within India and have successfully profiled the nation as a potential market of business and investment.”
The 15,000 sqm of exhibition ground packed with 300+ brands showcasing 500+ product from 185+ companies includes: Jaysynth, Mimaki, Epson, Morgan Technica, Groz Beckert, DuPont, Schmetz India, Juki, Brother, Kansai, Siruba, Durkopp Adler and more, represent globally celebrated brands from the industry.
The support of prestigious industry associations like the Denim Manufacturers Association, Surat Texmac Federation, Surat Embroidery Association and the Ministry of Textiles has added great value to the show and has created an opportunity to encourage the companies to widen their business network and exchange knowledge and expertise in the domain across three days.